- Mix with Starting Up/Face® or Line Subtractor® by PRESCRIBEDsolutions® (if it’s not premixed upon arrival).
- Together, use the customized solution on the face, neck and chest, as needed.
- Acne control.
- Oily skin.
When you’ve got acne so bad that you need to see a professional, one of the first things you’ll be asked to do is get on a good skin care routine. Since your pores are prone to clogging up easily with the P. acnes bacteria, it will be essential to control that bacteria in order to see a reduction in breakouts.
That’s where an excelling face wash comes in. The PRESCRIBEDsolutions® Acne Control Booster is designed to work with the Starting Up/Face® cleanser, which already contains acne-fighters like glycolic acid and salicylic acid.
By adding the Acne Control Booster to the base wash, you get the added benefits of oil strippers and bacteria killers, like sulfur and denatured alcohol. To fight off free radicals causing cell damage, these products also contain antioxidants from plants, plus vitamins that are known to be good for the skin.
A few helpful things to know about this product:
Worried that your face will end up too dry? Don’t be. Starting Up/Face® and Acne Control Booster contain skin soothers to offset their strength. However, more importantly, they are meant to be followed by ‘replacement’ moisturizers, hydrators and skin healing serums (see our recommendations below).
Plus, while the Acne Control Booster does use a strong alcohol to act as an astringent (which acneic skin needs), you are certainly not meant to use it at full strength; please only use this booster as instructed – by mixing it with solutions it is designed to work with.
If your skin is new to exfoliants, or you experience mild acne (stage 1 or 2), you may find the AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser better for you. For stage 3 or 4 acne, it is likely you’ll need the strength of this product.
When working on a regimen to clear up your acne, we recommend this product combination be used with:
- TNS Recovery Complex® (morning)
- HA5™ Rejuvenating Hydrator (morning and evening)
- Rejuvenative Moisturizer by SkinMedica® (morning and evening)
- Retinol Complex 1, 0.5 or 0.25 (evening, starting with .25 if you’ve never used retinol before, and only on the advice of a doctor, but never while pregnant)
- Line Subtractor® with more Acne Control Booster (evening)
- Daily Physical Defense® Sunscreen (broad spectrum SPF 34, untinted) or Sunforgettable® Total Protection™ Face Shield (broad spectrum SPF 50, tinted) (morning)
- Sunforgettable® Total Protection™ Brush-on Shield SPF 50 w/ EnviroScreen™ (morning, and every 2 hours until evening)
However, we suggest you get in touch with us so we can help you decide on a mix of products that’s right for you. The above list may need to be adjusted, depending on your case.
Do not use this product if you have sensitive or dry skin.
Notable skin care ingredients:
SD Alcohol 40 – a denatured alcohol that functions in multiple ways. It kills fungus and bacteria. As an astringent, it helps skin cells bond together. It also helps with the mixing and thinning of ingredients, so they absorb into your skin better.
Sulfur – an antibacterial and drying substance useful for acne or rosacea sufferers. It helps to strip out excess oil, which is badly needed when you have severe acne.
Soybean germ extract – an antioxidant and skin soother that may help with skin tone and complexion, too.
Tocopheryl acetate – a stable form of vitamin E, which fights free radicals, as an antioxidant.
Corn oil – a moisturizing substance, and also a source of vitamin E, in the form of tocopherols.
Carrot root extract – a source of multiple vitamins. Here it is used to help the drying effect of this product, while also acting as a free radical fighter.