Bodycare cosmeceuticals in Canada
Did you know that the skin on your face is different than the skin on your body? Your face has special skincare needs, because of the way it is structured and operates. In general, face skin is thinner and oilier. Body skin is thicker and drier.
This is why body cosmeceuticals and skin care products exist apart from face cosmeceuticals! The body’s skin needs care, just as much as face skin does!
Like with face cosmeceuticals, body cosmeceuticals are designed to go ‘a step above,’ when compared to many products you’ll find in a drug store. They’re not just creams and moisturizers. Many of them are designed to help your skin perform better, or to target a specific cosmetic concern. They are also well-made, quality skin care products, using top industry standards. Some even come backed by scientific studies.
Below are general notes to keep in mind when shopping for body cosmeceuticals:
- Not all at-home body care solutions will be listed on this page! For example, you’ll still need to pick a non-soap cleanser to keep your skin from drying out. You also may need specific, doctor-prescribed solutions for dermal conditions such as eczema, seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff), psoriasis, keratosis pilaris (bumpy skin), sun damage, body acne, and more.
- Consider sun protection mandatory! It must be practiced to prevent skin problems, not just skin disease. Always wear a high-SPF, broad-spectrum sunscreen on exposed skin. Reapply every 2 hours, or after getting wet. As much as possible, avoid the sun or other UV rays (such as from tanning beds). Wear long-sleeved clothing and wide-brimmed hats.
- Body exfoliation is a little easier than face exfoliation, since the body’s skin can tolerate more scrubbing. Do exfoliate in the shower, but like all things, don’t overdo it.
- Moisturize body skin daily to keep it functioning well. A good time to apply body cream would be immediately after taking a shower, and on damp skin. Or, follow instructions on the bottle.
Finally, keep in mind that many aesthetic body issues can’t be solved with over-the-counter cosmeceuticals alone! Do your research before believing some of the claims people make out there!
Advanced, cosmetic procedures are needed for the effective treatment of:
- Unwanted fat and cellulite
- Stretch marks
- Sagging skin
- Visible veins
- Scars and keloids
- Body acne or acne scars
- Skin hyperpigmentation on the body
- Moles, red spots or bumps and unwanted birthmarks
- Unwanted tattoos (i.e. tattoo removal)
- Unwanted body hair
If you have questions about a cosmetic body condition you’d like to solve, feel free to book a consultation at our Surrey clinic (near Vancouver, B.C.)! We’d be happy to make professional recommendations, based on your case.
Regarding product recommendations, we also do virtual consultations for our customers across Canada and the USA.
Showing all 3 results