Did you know that there are almost 40 different kinds of birthmarks? A birthmark is a skin marking that is present at birth. Whilst many of the birthmarks disappear within a few years of age, many remain and may need to be treated either by surgery or by non surgical methods.Birthmarks are not hereditary and can also appear as people age.
Some common birthmarks and birthmark treatments are as follows;
- cafe au lait birthmarks – treated by laser
- Haemangioma – treated by steriods, lasers
- Mongolian birthmark – fades over time
- Port Wine Stain – laser treatment
- Moles – surgically removed or laser treatment
If any birthmarks change colour, bleed, become inflammed or change in size then you may need to have the birthmark examined by a doctor.
At Beautiful Canadian Laser and Skincare Clinic we treat people with birthmarks from Surrey, Vancouver, Langley, White Rock, Delta and Coquitlam. Book your assessment with Dr Shah by calling 604 580 2464.
Note: Procedure results may vary from patient to patient.