Cosmeceuticals for rosacea and redness in Canada
We are a certified reseller of cosmeceuticals for rosacea and redness in Canada. Buy them online below, or visit our Surrey skin care clinic (near Vancouver) to pick them up. We’ll help you choose the products that are right for you, whether virtually, or in person! We ship across Canada and the U.S.A.
Book a consultation at our clinic, and we’ll do our best to make skin care recommendations we think will work on you!
Skin can experience redness from a variety of issues. The most common is rosacea. However, this should not exclude other conditions that cause facial redness, such as seborrheic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, broken capillaries or even sun damage. Learn more about facial redness at the following pages of our website:
- Rosacea and redness treatments in Vancouver (at our Surrey clinic)
- 15 Causes of a red face and their solutions
It’s true that there are vascular lasers that can target red pigments on the face (such as the excel® V). However, most redness is best treated with skin care beforehand. For one, the right skin routines can sometimes be enough to get the job done, without expensive cosmetic procedures. For another, cosmetic procedures often work best when the skin is in its healthiest possible state. So, pre-treating the skin, and maintaining a good skin routine, are essential for any redness laser treatment anyway.
While cosmeceuticals can be excellent to calm a red face, we would still recommend seeing a doctor before aiming to ‘self prescribe’ with topical solutions. Some skin conditions can be more serious than people realize. Medical intervention - even if only with prescriptions and antibiotics - may be necessary in your specific case.
In general, we would suggest the following tips when treating redness and rosacea with cosmeceuticals at home:
- Red skin is usually also sensitive and dry skin. The redness is a sign of inflammation. Avoid excessive exfoliation, irritating ingredients (such as fragrance and drying alcohols) and very hot water while cleansing. Try a mild cleanser designed for sensitive skin.
- If you also have acne, you’ll want to use a non-comedogenic moisturizer, with a hydrator (such as hyaluronic acid serum). This will help to balance skin’s suppleness, while not clogging pores.
- If you don’t have acne, and if you need the extra skin repair, try a heavier moisturizer to help your skin rebuild its strength and thickness. When skin is moisturized, it can heal better.
- With the advice of a doctor, add a retinol (i.e. a vitamin A derivative, called a retinoid) to your routine. This can help fight erythema (i.e. redness). Retinol is strong. Introduce it in stages. Start with a mild-strength solution just once or twice a week. Work your way up to daily use, and then start increasing your dosages slowly.
- After cleansing and moisturizing, treat your skin condition with antioxidants, skin calmers and skin thickeners (such as ceramides and collagen-inducers, like peptides and growth factors). Look for niacinamide (vitamin B3), Beta glucan and other ingredients known to be soothing to irritated skin (there are many options out there).
- Rosacea and redness are triggered, and worsened, by UV exposure. Always wear a high-SPF, broad-spectrum sunscreen designed for the face. Reapply every two hours. A brush-on sunscreen can help with reapplication over makeup.
- If you wear makeup, choose a non-comedogenic, mineral-makeup line. Mineral makeup can be less irritating to the skin, if it is made well.
A good place to start is with our Redness & Rosacea Product Treatment Kit. It contains a combination of our top-recommended skin care products for rosacea and sensitive skin. Or, mix-and-match our products to suit your skin type. Use our advice above to guide your choices. Our online beauty shop offers several options for sensitive skin, though they may not be listed in this category (since they are helpful for a wide variety of cases).
Not sure where to start? Feel free to contact us for help!
Showing all 4 results
All Calm™ Clinical Redness Corrector SPF 50 by Colorescience® (Tinted)$190.00 CAD Add to cart
HA5™ Rejuvenating Hydrator by SkinMedica® (Advanced Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum)$196.00 CAD Add to cart
LUMIVIVE™ Day Defense Serum and LUMIVIVE™ Night Revitalize Complex by SkinMedica®$285.00 CAD Add to cart
TNS Recovery Complex® Growth Factor Serum by SkinMedica®$250.00 CAD Add to cart