Acne cosmeceutical products in Canada
Not sure what to pick?
If you have severe acne, we'd encourage you to book a consultation at our clinic (it can be virtual!). If you're just looking for general product recommendations, our Acne Cosmeceuticals Kit is a good start.
Learn more about treating acne at the following links:
- How to treat adult acne (plus learn what causes it to begin with)
- Get rid of acne blemishes in Surrey with professional treatments (including lasers and more)
Some general rules when treating acne with cosmeceutical products:
- Regularly exfoliate your skin, but not too much. Mechanical (i.e. physical) exfoliants can be harsher on the skin than chemical exfoliants. Use scrubs about once or twice a week, depending on how your skin tolerates them. Use milder, chemical exfoliants, such as AHA and BHA acids, on a daily basis (some can even be left on the skin, like a serum). Never over-exfoliate.
- Acne is caused by pores clogged with dead skin cells, oil and bacteria. To keep the bacteria at bay, be sure to cleanse morning and evening. Use a cleanser designed to fight acne bacteria.
- Acneic skin can be oily, but that doesn’t mean all oil is ‘bad.’ Your skin needs some oil, and water, to stay hydrated, so it can heal inflammation caused by acne. Be sure to use a non-comedogenic (i.e. non-clogging), oil-free moisturizer after your cleansing routine. Using a hydrating serum under your moisturizer (such as hyaluronic acid) can help to hold water in your skin, too.
- Retinol is a fantastic acne-fighter, but it can be quite strong. Start with low dosages about once or twice a week. Build up your usage until your skin can tolerate its effects daily. Then, start using higher dosages, and follow the same cautions.
- The sun’s UV rays can make skin problems worse. Don’t neglect using a good-quality, high-SPF sunscreen daily. Reapply every two hours, to stay protected (a brush-on sunscreen is helpful for this). If you have acne, choose a non-comedogenic, mineral-based sunscreen, to avoid blocking up your pores during the day.
- Skin with acne can use makeup! Choose a mineral-based makeup line that is also non-comedogenic. It can even help to calm your skin from inflammation, and provide added SPF benefits. Try the Colorescience® line of mineral makeup and sunscreen.
- Seek professional help if your acne is severe, persistent and especially if it is cystic and painful (i.e. those ‘underground’ and huge pimples that hurt). Contact us if you need to!
Showing all 10 results
Starting Up/Face® Wash by PRESCRIBED solutions®$45.00 CAD Add to cart
Retinol Complex 1, 0.5 or 0.25 by SkinMedica®$66.00 – $99.00 CAD Options
AHA/BHA Cream by SkinMedica®$46.00 CAD Add to cart
AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser by SkinMedica® with Biodegradable Jojoba Spheres$50.00 CAD Add to cart
HA5™ Rejuvenating Hydrator by SkinMedica® (Advanced Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum)$196.00 CAD Add to cart
TNS Recovery Complex® Growth Factor Serum by SkinMedica®$250.00 CAD Add to cart
Ultra Sheer Moisturizer by SkinMedica® (Oil-Free Face Cream)$62.00 CAD Add to cart
Acne Products Kit: Cosmeceutical Skin Care System to Calm BreakoutsFrom: $15.00 CAD Select options
Line Subtractor® 10% Vitamin C Face Serum with AHAs by PRESCRIBED solutions®$145.00 CAD Add to cart
Acne Control Booster by PRESCRIBED solutions®$15.00 CAD Add to cart