Saggy skin is often attributed to aging or weight loss. Most people go through it at some point in their lives. Fortunately, there are some ways to lift and firm your sagging skin, such as: home remedies, non-surgical procedures and cosmetic surgery.
Below are 3 ways to tone sagging skin:
– To tighten your skin, perform facial muscle exercises twice daily.
– Exercise regularly for a well-toned look.
– Exfoliate your skin once a week to get rid of dead skin cells.
– Get eight hours of beauty sleep each night.
– Avoid sudden and rapid weight loss.
– Use a strong SPF 15 or 30 sunscreen for protection from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays. Avoid exposure to the sun for prolonged periods.
– Quit smoking and limit your alcohol intake; cigarette smoking and alcohol speed up the aging process.
– Avoid soaps containing harsh chemicals.
– Use cosmetic products designed for your skin type.
– Avoid refined sugar and highly processed junk food.
– Eat lots of fresh fruits and raw vegetables to keep your body nourished.
– Take vitamin C, vitamin E and MSM (methylsulfonylmethan) supplements after consulting your doctor.
– Keep the skin hydrated and smooth by drinking an ample amount of water. Source: Top10HomeRemedies
Talk to a licensed dermatologist for stubborn sagging skin that doesn’t respond to topical treatments, oral treatments or muscle-building exercise. Your doctor may recommend infrared or laser treatments to firm skin. Very loose skin may require a more invasive lift procedure. Source: Livestrong
Get your tummy tucked. Many people are self-conscious about sagging skin on the abdomen, which can be pronounced after pregnancies or weight loss. A tummy tuck is a surgical procedure that can tighten this skin. The cosmetic surgeon will remove excess fat and skin to create a smoother, tauter profile.
Consider a facelift. Like a tummy tuck, a facelift will tighten the skin on your face and neck and reduce sagging and other signs of visible aging. However, like a tummy tuck again, it is also a major surgical procedure with benefits and risks. Talk to your doctor about these and seriously consider them.
Do a body lift. Body lifts are usually for people who have lost significant amounts of weight in a fairly short time, often from bariatric surgery or exercise and dieting. They treat sagging skin and tissue in the abdomen, thighs, waist, and buttocks. Surgeons can do this full lower body lift in a single procedure. Source: wikiHow
Beautiful Canadian Laser & Skin Care Clinic
13805 104 Ave #101, Surrey, BC V3T 1W7