- Morning, and every 2 hours thereafter.
- Face, neck, chest & exposed skin.
- UV and infrared rays (IR-A rays).
- Antioxidant rejuvenation.
- All skin types.
SkinMedica® top-quality sunscreens are perfect for the face, since they don’t go on greasy, and don’t leave residue behind. But they’re more than your basic, broad spectrum sunscreens: they protect against infrared rays (IR-A rays) in addition to Ultraviolet light (UVA and UVB rays). All of these light rays can come from the sun, in dangerous forms.
It gets better: these sunscreens also help to rejuvenate the skin, and fight wrinkles. They use a patented formula called the SOL-IR® Advanced Antioxidant Complex. So, instead of just Zinc Oxide (a common physical sunscreen ingredient), they contain Homosalate 6.0%, Octinoxate 7.5% and Octisalate 5.0% – basically a concoction of chemical-based UV filters and absorbers. Additional antioxidants help fight free radical damage, which gives the anti-aging effect of this product.
You can use this sunscreen in the pool (it’s water resistant up to 80 minutes), and on top of your skin care routine, such as after applying TNS Essential Serum®. The SPF 34 comes in a tinted option, if you’re looking for a bit of colour to ‘perk up’ dull skin.
SkinMedica® also makes an all-mineral-based lotion sunscreen called Daily Physical Defense® Sunscreen (Broad Spectrum SPF 34). It contains green tea leaf extract and caffeine to act as antioxidants. The UVA and UVB filters in this product include Titanium Dioxide 5.0% and Zinc Oxide 6.0%.
Additional SkinMedica® chemical-based sunscreens include:
- Total Defense + Repair Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50+
- Total Defense + Repair Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 34 (Tinted)
See all our sunscreens, here.
Important: true sun protection requires the reapplication of sunscreen every 2 hours. If you wear makeup, and reapplying a wet lotion isn’t an option for you, you may be interested in the award-winning, Colorescience® powder-based sunscreen. It’s part of the Sunforgettable® Total Protection™ line. We also carry this at our clinic.
Learn from our blog:
- McDaniel DH, Hamzavi IH, Zeichner JA, et al. Total Defense + Repair: A novel concept in solar protection and skin rejuvenation. J Drugs Dermatol. 2015; 14(7 Suppl):s3-11. Click here to view (opens a new tab).