- Every morning.
- Face, neck and chest, as needed.
- General, mild chemical exfoliation.
- Fighting free radical damage and wrinkles.
- All skin types, especially acne-prone or hyperpigmented skin.
This is a facial serum with 10% vitamin C, along with two main alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs): glycolic acid and lactic acid. Together, they help to achieve healthier, glowing skin.
The water-soluble vitamin C in this product helps to fight free radicals. It also protects skin cells from being further damaged. And, it can act as a skin lightener.
The AHAs help to shed off dead skin cells, and improve cell regeneration.
This serum is called a “Line Subtractor” because it is often used as an anti-aging serum, to fight and prevent wrinkles. However, we also like using it for patients with acne-prone skin. It can help to keep acne bacteria at bay, while continuously providing gentle exfoliation and skin healing.
A few helpful things to know about this product:
For added effect on acne, you may want to mix this product with the Acne Control Booster, also by PRESCRIBEDsolutions®.
When working on a regimen to clear up your acne, we recommend this product be used in the evening, along with:
- Starting Up/Face® combined with Acne Control Booster (morning and evening)
- TNS Recovery Complex® (morning)
- HA5™ Rejuvenating Hydrator (morning and evening)
- Rejuvenative Moisturizer by SkinMedica® (morning and evening)
- Retinol Complex 1, 0.5 or 0.25 (evening, starting with .25 if you’ve never used retinol before, and only on the advice of a doctor, but never while pregnant)
- Daily Physical Defense® Sunscreen (broad spectrum SPF 34, untinted) or Sunforgettable® Total Protection™ Face Shield (broad spectrum SPF 50, tinted) (morning)
- Sunforgettable® Total Protection™ Brush-on Shield SPF 50 w/ EnviroScreen™ (morning, and every 2 hours until evening)
However, the way to know what’s right for you is to get in touch with us for a skin consultation. We may suggest a different regimen for your case, after learning more about you, and your needs.
Notable skin care ingredients:
Apart from the 10% vitamin C and AHAs noted above, this face serum also contains the following beneficial skin ingredients:
Sodium hyaluronate – the salt form of hyaluronic acid. It helps your skin retain moisture by binding to water, and works more deeply than ‘regular’ hyaluronic acid, which is also included in this formula.
Aloe barbadensis leaf juice (aloe vera) – this is an anti-inflammatory agent and skin soother.
Sorbitol – a prebiotic, microbiome balancer and skin soother.
Plus antioxidants and skin helpers from nature including pinus strobus bark extract (pine bark), camellia sinensis leaf extract (green tea extract), ginkgo biloba extract, solanum lycopersicum (tomato) fruit extract, algae extract and honey.