The bulging veins on your legs or feet may annoy you with how they look, but more than that, they may be a serious cause for concern. Learn more about varicose veins as you continue reading below:
Varicose veins may not cause any pain. Signs you may have with varicose veins include:
– Veins that are dark purple or blue in color
– Veins that appear twisted and bulging; often like cords on your legs
When painful signs and symptoms occur, they may include:
– An achy or heavy feeling in your legs
– Burning, throbbing, muscle cramping and swelling in your lower legs
– Worsened pain after sitting or standing for a long time
– Itching around one or more of your veins
– Bleeding from varicose veins
– A painful cord in the vein with red discoloration of the skin
– Color changes, hardening of the vein, inflammation of the skin or skin ulcers near your ankle, which can mean you have a serious form of vascular disease that requires medical attention Source: MayoClinic
To reduce the risk of developing varicose veins:
– get plenty of exercise, for example, walking
– maintain a healthy weight
– avoid standing still for too long
– do not sit with the legs crossed
– sit or sleep with your feet raised on a pillow
– Anyone who has to stand for their job should try to move around at least once every 30 minutes. Source: MedicalNewsToday
If you need treatment or you are concerned about how the veins look, your options may include:
– Sclerotherapyto close off the vein.
– Laser treatment to close off the vein.
– Radiofrequency treatment to close off the vein.
– Phlebectomy, or stab avulsion, to remove the vein.
– Ligation and stripping to tie off and remove the vein. Source: WebMD
It’s possibly to treat your varicose veins without any form of scarring! Find out more information when you call us today!
Beautiful Canadian Laser & Skin Care Clinic
13805 104 Ave #101 Surrey, BC V3T 1W7