The bulging veins on your legs or feet may annoy you with how they look, but more than that, they may be a serious cause for concern. Learn more about varicose veins as you continue reading below:
Varicose veins may not cause any pain. Signs you may have with varicose veins include:
– Veins that are dark purple or blue in color
– Veins that appear twisted and bulging; often like cords on your legs
When painful signs and symptoms occur, they may include:
– An achy or heavy feeling in your legs
– Burning, throbbing, muscle cramping and swelling in your lower legs
– Worsened pain after sitting or standing for a long time
– Itching around one or more of your veins
– Bleeding from varicose veins
– A painful cord in the vein with red discoloration of the skin
– Color changes, hardening of the vein, inflammation of the skin or skin ulcers near your ankle, which can mean you have a serious form of vascular disease that requires medical attention Source: MayoClinic
To reduce the risk of developing varicose veins:
– get plenty of exercise, for example, walking
– maintain a healthy weight
– avoid standing still for too long
– do not sit with the legs crossed
– sit or sleep with your feet raised on a pillow
– Anyone who has to stand for their job should try to move around at least once every 30 minutes. Source: MedicalNewsToday
If you need treatment or you are concerned about how the veins look, your options may include:
– Sclerotherapyto close off the vein.
– Laser treatment to close off the vein.
– Radiofrequency treatment to close off the vein.
– Phlebectomy, or stab avulsion, to remove the vein.
– Ligation and stripping to tie off and remove the vein. Source: WebMD
It’s possibly to treat your varicose veins without any form of scarring! Find out more information when you call us today!
Beautiful Canadian Laser and Skincare Clinic
13805 104 Ave #101 Surrey, BC V3T 1W7