Summertime is one of the most exciting seasons of the year, full of summer vacations or summer camps. However, sun damage can lead to premature aging of the skin, wrinkles, marks, dry skin, and even skin cancer over time. This requires careful thought for your skin even as you enjoy the heat and freedom of summer. Continue reading to learn more about 3 tips to protect your skin this summer.
During summer, your body tends to lose a lot of moisture. So it is important to hydrate your body with water from time to time. Drinking lots of water will help your skin remain soft and moisturized. Eating plenty of fruits will keep your skin and digestive track healthy. Source: DNAIndia
Exfoliate for clearer, smoother skin
What it does: Exfoliation removes dead, dulling skin debris to prevent congestion and improve hydration from toners and moisturizers.
When: Perform in the mornings prior to toner, moisturizer, SPF and make-up application. Tip: Make-up will last longer on an exfoliated skin!
Don’t forget: After you exfoliate, follow with a hydrating body cream to seal in moisture, and always shield freshly exfoliated skin with an SPF (as recommended by the FDA). Source: Dermalogica
Unlike you are staying indoors on summer days, it is always a wise thing to carry a sunscreen with you. This is perhaps one of the best tool that you could make use of in fighting against sun issues during summer. Sunscreen will work effectively only if we follow some steps.
– At least 30 minutes before heading outdoors, make sure you put on the sun block.
– Apply sunscreen every 20-30 minutes as over a period of time sunscreen will wear off.
– Make sure you apply them throughout your body especially ears, head and hands.
– Even waterproof sunscreens may not be effectively water proof, so it is advisable to apply them in high quantity.
– Be sure to check the expiry date of sunscreens, as once they cross that date there will be tremendous dip in its effectiveness.
– When it comes to babies, it is better to use them in small quantity Source: GoodHealthAcademy
Beautiful Canadian Laser and Skincare Clinic
13805 104 Ave #101, Surrey, BC V3T 1W7